Ringing in 2019: single, unemployed, and living with my parents


Hooray, it's 2019!

I am still single, unemployed, and living with my parents, (a bit dramatic, I know). While all that is "technically" true, it's only because I still have one more semester of college and my job search just started a few days ago. Therefore on paper, one could say I am unemployed, come May when I am no longer a full-time student and yes, I still use my parent's address as my own- but for the next four months, I still go to college in Pennsylvania. The single part has been true and probably will stay true until further or indefinite notice (it isn't my highest priority at the moment).

So... 2019, I knew this year would begin like all other years with the hope of endless possibilities for adventure, making memories with new and old friends, and the guarantee of falling flat on my face both literally and figuratively during yet another year. How will 2019 stack up to all the other years that have come before, I have absolutely no idea- I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. What I do know is that I will graduate college in May, I will cook lots of delicious food, and hopefully, I will trick some company into paying me lots of money to do a job that makes me not want to hit the snooze button every morning when I drag myself out of bed. (Additionally, I hope this company will allow me to start later than 8:30 AM or that by the grace of God I become a little bit more of a morning person)

Now to the important thing, this blog. As I said above, I know for a fact that in 2019 I will cook lots of delicious food. One of my New Year's resolutions is to create a "cooking"/ "lifestyle" blog, (however, both those words are super fluffy and also somewhat misleading to the potential content) that will allow myself to have a creative outlet within my already established creative outlet of cooking. I have always loved cooking and will go into further detail about that in another entry, but it's something I have done for over a decade- even now being only the ripe age of 22. This blog will be a bit about my life: being single (most likely), finding a job, then working to keep said job- which leads me to learning about how to maintain a budget and pay bills, and most of all cooking to keep myself sane as I try to "adult". Overall, 2019 is gonna kick my butt, and I am so ready for the possibilities that this new and exciting year holds for me and my future.

Therefore, let me welcome you into my life and introduce you to my blog, Table for One

Bon Appetit,

Robin

Comments