The Next Julia Child or Something like That

The idea for this "cooking" inspired blog came to me back in November when I was trying to avoid studying for an exam and decided to watch Julie & Julia (I'd highly recommend if you love cooking and comedy). So there I am in my room watching this hilarious, inspiring, and brilliant movie about a woman who wants to become the next Julia Child and decides to cook through Julia Child's entire French cookbook in one year. But for me, the big take away was that she kept a blog of her experience (also this film is set in the early 2000s and so we are talking first gen style of blogging, nothing fancy just words on a webpage about cooking). That's when it hit me, this idea to write about cooking. I watched as I saw Julie find joy in her life even though her job was horrible, her apartment was shitty and her life wasn't so hot all the time, but her passion for cooking saved her at times. I feel like whenever I have a bad day or want to do something creative and different, I go to the kitchen and cook.

Therefore, looking towards my very cloudy and uncertain future, I know I will need cooking to help me escape the occasional pain and boredom of the real world. That's why I wanted to create the "cooking" blog, so I could be consistent with my cooking and keep myself accountable to be creative when it comes to cooking and trying new things. I am especially thankful to my friends and family in my life because they have kept me on my toes when it comes to cooking over the years. I have known pescatarians, vegetarians, vegans, people who are dairy-free and gluten-free, along with the various picky eaters, but I haven't met any fruitarians yet (Notting Hill reference). However, all this to say is that I have become accustomed to cooking for many different types of eaters and know a lot of great substitutes for classic recipes and have tried a variety of recipes.

I look forward to what this blog and this next year have in store for me. And as always, as Julia Child said...



Bon Appetit, 

Robin




Comments