It's been a minute and 2020 feels like it's been a Whole Damn YEAR Already!

 


I've decided to get back into blogging, again lol

1) Because it is a great way to have a creative outlet and given this year, we all need a break from work or the news. 

2) I have been cooking so much this year and surprisingly baking (which is definitely not my strength in the kitchen, but because of Covid I can make a mean chocolate chip banana bread!) 

3) I tried making YouTube videos and those things are a PAIN to upload, especially from my parents' house with horrible WIFI. So back to the blog lol


In my opinion, 2020 so far has been everything and also absolutely nothing like I expected! Every year, on New Years Day,  I take time to write my Resolution List, that includes many things, like lose weight, read more, date more, and find a dream job lol- the usual things you would expect of a woman in her 20s who watches way too many Rom-Coms might hope for her coming year. 

However, I would say while the traveling portion of the resolutions was not really accomplished this year (unless you want to count my exciting trip to Scranton to move out of my old apartment as a weekend gateway...) a lot of the other resolutions have come to fruition. 

1. Lose Weight- while that is not the most important thing for me to be happy, this year I have really been able to focus on my health, even during Covid! I feel strong and confident and have created some really healthy habits coming away from my first-year post-grad to help establish long term physical and mental health down the road. 

2. Read More- while one might think with Covid, I would have all the time in the world to read, you are right. But I think like most people- we were relaxing and just enjoying the time to catch up on binge-watching our favorite TV shows during the first month of Quarantine. (However, I haven't been binge-watching TV for the past almost 8 months... see point 4)

3. Date More- I've been in a relationship, I've been single, I've dated around, and I'm seeing how things go now. That's all the update the blog needs- but I have put myself as a priority when it comes to dating and I am being very cautious of Covid... and the fact I live with my parents right now. 

*But sidenote: CAN'T RECOMMEND THIS WORKBOOK ENOUGH: Single Is Your Superpower    It really helped me figure out what I want and need in a relationship and partner and to put myself first because... being single is your superpower, get it lol  

4. Dream Job- I got it! And I didn't even know this was the dream job I was looking for, because I didn't think I was qualified. As most people know, my passion has been storytelling and marketing and that's where I thought I wanted to be. Potentially Sales, being on the move and interacting with clients, etc. I knew one thing, I could never work at a desk job for 40 hours a week and stare at my computer. However, that's kind of what my job entails now for a Tech company, which I love! That's how I knew I was in the right role and company, because something I told myself would never make me happy has been the best job I've ever had so far and that's after being in this role for 6 months already. 

So now that I have told my audience, aka my family and close friends who took the time to click this link (Thank you, really appreciate the support <3) I've come to the end of my first post back to blogging. 

I am looking forward to sharing all my fun quarantine recipes, how my dad got Tik Tok famous back in April, and of course my newest addition to the Table For One family- my beautiful and talkative puppy, Sadie! 


Bon Appetit,

Robin


Comments