Red Pepper Lime Salmon


Red Pepper Lime Salmon with Vegetables

I'm finally back at school and now into the swing of things with my schedule. Monday is my designated "Me Day", also my second Sunday when I can cook, finish up some work, read for fun, and work on my blog. I am probably one of the few people in the world that can actually say that they enjoy Mondays. (That is of course until I actually get a job and then will go back to hating Mondays like the rest of the population) However, until I am a full-time adult and will have to actually spend 5 days a week working, I will be using my Mondays to treat myself, literally.

This week's recipe I have titled "Red Pepper Lime Salmon", inspired by a common recipe to cook salmon in an aluminum tent that is infused with spices, olive oil, and fresh citrus.


The Ingredients:

  • 1 piece of wild caught salmon
  • Half a Spaghetti Squash
  • Fresh green beans
  • Cherry tomatoes (for garnish on squash)
  • Olive oil 
  • 1 lime
  • Crushed red pepper flakes
  • Garlic Powder
  • Salt 
  • Pepper
Time to cook:
  1. Preheat the oven to 400 F
  2. Prepare the salmon: drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. Finish off with half of the fresh cut lime (save the other half of the lime for later).
  3. Prepare the spaghetti squash: cut the spaghetti squash in half and remove the seeds and transparent layer (that which is similar to a pumpkin *Additionally, refer to google for more assistance if cooking spaghetti squash for the first time).
  4. Prepare the green beans: wash the green beans and remove the ends then hand toss with olive oil and garlic powder.
  5. *Best part of this recipe: everything cooks on one baking sheet in the oven!*
  6. Cooking times: roughly 20 minutes for the salmon, check as needed and remove once the salmon is flakey, roughly 25 minutes for green beans or until slightly browned. Then once the salmon and green beans are done, change temperature to 450 F and cook spaghetti squash for another 10-15 minutes, until easily able to pull apart. After everything is cooked through, put the salmon and the green beans back on the baking sheet with the squash to reheat for another 2 minutes in the oven. 
  7. Remove salmon and green beans from baking sheet and use a fork to pull apart the spaghetti squash. Finally, garnish the spaghetti squash with cherry tomatoes and fresh lime (the half you set aside earlier) and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes.

Bon Appetit, 

Robin 

Comments